Irene's email today is very much like what I read this morning. The chapter started:
Sometimes we approach meditation too much from an ideal of trying to control the mind and get rid of unwanted mental states...
...Learn to be at peace with the way you are, rather than trying to become something, or achieve a state that you'd like to have.
You're born and you have to live a lifetime as a conscious being in a very sensitive form. So what impinges on you, what comes to you from the objective world, is going to affect you.
It then goes on to remind us, as if we should really need reminding, that life is a roller-coaster of ups and downs. We get sick, we lose people, we have joyous experiences, friendships, relationships..... and we die. That is the human condition. Then, it goes back to Camus idea - well it is his poetry, but the truth appears in many great books, including the Bible and the Grow book.
You have the wisdom, the mindfulness, the ability to roll with the flow rather than be drowned by the tidal waves of life.After reading this chapter I closed my eyes and listed to a cd, which most people would think was a bit weird. I got it from Mt Beauty library. I found it very calming. I googled the author and found that Sylvia Brown was a bit of a weird psychic. Not to worry, I got up feeling positive!
Keith and I have already been for a walk, I have dead-headed the roses and the bread is nearly ready for lunch. And, I haven't taken any valium (yet)! Maybe the new medication is kicking in.
Here's to the rest of the day being "up".
Small problem - I can't drink alcohol for my toast. Up with the ginger beer!
No comments:
Post a Comment