Wednesday, 28 January 2015

2nd hospital day

 Today, I woke up and felt normal. I wonder why. I don't remember feeling ordinary for quite a while. Anyway, I have eaten my last supper -and I ate Judy's lovely mulberry jam!

Yesterday I was so busy, that I was extremely tired last night. In the morning we went to Mt Beauty to replenish my drug supply, and food. While in Mt Beauty we bumped into a friend from my bushwalking group who had breast cancer more than once and has already lived 18years to tell the tale - oh what a lovely warm hug of friendship and understanding. Then Keith dropped me at lovely Di's. First I helped collate the local rag. Then it was time to go to a local meeting at the local coffee-come-everything shop about our local weekly exercise class. We had to argue our need for a weekly trainer with the council reps. We didn't exactly win but we do have a trainer once a month.

Then, back to the farm and time to round up particular cows, sort them, tag them and put them in a particular area to wait for the truck to collect them for the sale yards. Well, I didn't exactly do any of the active work - I was the secretary, ticking off the  numbers of their ear tags so we knew we had the right cows.

It took a long time and Di insisted on washing all the cow poo off my sandals before taking me home. I slept like a log all night almost drugless.

So now I have the morning to fill in - I am adding more audio books to my iPod and drinking water as instructed. Still can't do much with my xxxxxxx right arm (will it ever get better?) We leave home at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment