Friday, 16 January 2015

Pink

I haven't answered any emails today because I feel very low. Dave phoned and he said "write about it Mum".
So here goes. It won't be very inspiring.

I do not want to be in this pink club. I unpacked the pink box and got all the lovely pink gifts, pink brochures and pink books out. There are photos of smiling women with bald heads - "hee hee, we are so happy to be in this club".  I have always been amused at the Seniors magazine with the photo of a smiling woman sitting in one of those electric chairs that carry one up the stairs - "hee hee, I am so lucky I can't walk any more and can ride up the stairs in this chair".

I choose to be in the Theosophy club, the bantam chook lovers' club, the Diggers Garden Club, the Neighbourhood Watch club and maybe a few others, but I DO NOT CHOOSE to be in the Pink Ladies Club. If someone else gives me a pink bag of goodies as a reward for joining their club, I will probably use it to hit them over the head.

Mind you, the cushions for under my sore arm are great and I am sure I can use the free hand cream and Vitamin E cream (they are not pink by the way). Why did they put the special Pilates DVD in a pink cover and the teacher in a pink outfit?

I have worn pink a great deal - every time I do, people comment on how nice I look. I have a bag of pretty pink wool waiting to be knitted into a cardigan. Will this unwanted change in my life change my love of the colour pink forever? At the moment, every time I look at this stuff I go into a rage or melt down, so this afternoon, I was so upset, I took a valium and slept all afternoon.

I do not want to be in the pink club!

No comments:

Post a Comment