Tuesday, 6 January 2015

More Tests

Sudden losses and setbacks shake everyone up; those who keep moving forward are buoyed by knowing that their path cannot be destroyed, only interrupted (Chopra).- I wish I could really know this.

Went into Albury for more tests this morning, not the dreaded ones I thought I was having (blaming bad memory and doctor's poor illegible writing). Anyway, it was just X-rays and ultrasounds of the rest of my body - no results till next Monday.

So, I keep busy - probably denial is my tactic, but it only works for a while and then reality hits. Maybe today will be the day I get though without a melt down. I think I have self-diagnosed it as an "anxiety attack" and it suddenly comes from seemingly nowhere.

 I found on the net that if you raise your eyebrows very high, it is impossible to cry. Then I found another hint:
When you feel like you're going to lose it, pinch that little bit of skin between your thumb and pointer finger. Pinch it hard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment