I wonder if I do a post, I will stop the shakes and loss of balance. I have had 10 days off doctors and now it is one sleep till I see the two "oncologists". What a horrible word. I have dreaded it since I was old enough to understand. Actually, I thought it meant doctor of cancer, but the dictionary tells me it is "doctor of tumours" so I suppose it doesn't have to be cancer - it could be a benign tumour. However, to me the word conjures up "cancer, and I have it". I always felt horror when other people spoke of "their oncologist".
Anyway, today, I must work hard to keep my mind very occupied. Have already done special Pilates, picked berries, and Japanese conversation and I didn't get up till 9, having listened to my audio book for a couple of hours and done my 'raising of the arm exercise". I have to do everything slowly because of this lack of balance.
Tahlia and Colin will arrive this afternoon and tonight we all will go to Tim's for my family birthday celebration. I have some cooking to do too, but I am resigned to the fat that some things I will not get done and that Tahlia will not mind and will help me. So, having exhausted myself picking berries I am now going to lie down and do my Welsh conversation for a bit.
Yesterday was full of lovely birthday phone calls, skypes to Karl's family in the Solomons and to Toshiko in Japan, lots of lovely cheery E-cards, Facebook messages and emails - quite overwhelming. Thank you.
My fingers are still shaky. I wonder whether when I stand up I will have my balance back.
Oh bugger!


No comments:
Post a Comment