Sunday, 21 December 2014

What's Spoiling My World

When Alison was little, when she loved to dress in her many hand-me-down pretty dresses, she once told me that I was "spoiling the world" because I wore trousers. It has been family joke ever since. We say it whenever any of us complains about something fairly insignificant interrupts our life or sense of artistic beauty.

This week, I have felt like the little girl Alison. My world has been turned upside down by the words "it has come back as cancer". The week before hand - waiting for biopsy results were difficult to start with but the diagnosis ..... well, what can I say?

I have decided to write this in a private blog, for my closest friends. I decided this yesterday after trying to email or sms the same things to all I needed (was going to write wanted, but that is not true). I needed to share my misery and I needed support. I am not going to share all the boring details - well if I do, please tell me.

I have read lots of other people' experiences on blogs over the last few days and it helped me no end. There is nothing like reading that I am not the only one to fall apart and cry like a baby.

I need to also say right at the start that the GP's and Breast Cancer counsellor have assured me that the cancer I have is mostly curable, so for that, I am supposed to be happy. I haven't quite reached that state yet. On Monday I go to the specialist and then I will know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment