Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Waiting for Test Results

From what I have read, it is not uncommon for cancer "survivors" to dread the time between tests and  getting results. For one thing, the memory of getting the results that initially said "it is cancer" are very raw. I think I have lost confidence that results will be positive.

Two things go continuously through my mind.  I know that I am in good hands and that I am doing almost everything possible for a good outcome. But, I am aware that I have not yet learned how to cope with life's stresses, the big ones, I mean.
Thursday is the big day when I should get the results of the recent blood test from Professor Sali.

Dealing with stress and anxiety is a subject that upsets me because I seem to be so bad at it. Everything I read tells me that this could put me at risk. So, more anxiety because I am putting myself at risk!

Daily yoga and meditation I can and do, but when things happen, I find it difficult. Here's what I found  on the "Anti-Cancerize Me" web site:

Studies have shown that the majority of people who have been diagnosed with cancer live with the fear that it could grow, spread or come back after treatment. These emotional feelings can become a chronic source of stress on the mind and body (leading to adrenal exhaustion). - See more at: http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2013/09/adrenal-exhaustion-and-cancer-is-this-real/#sthash.s2I4acvR.dpuf 
and
Substantial evidence suggests that exposure to long periods of stress increases rates of cancer development and growth. - See more at: http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2012/04/anticancer-lifestyle-stress-reduction-101/#sthash.Yr4XPK8O.dpuf 
My blood tests in March showed that I had some adrenal stress, so I know I have to work on it. One way of learning that we read about is to identify and change the feelings and worries, when I am stressed. This system is called ANTS (Automatic Negative Thoughts).  Keith is helping me isolate and examine mine. Stay tuned.....

Exercise Duration & Intensity Matter:

A new study indicates that if you want to see even better results longer duration and higher intensity exercise matters. Breast cancer survivors who did about 1 mile per day of brisk-paced walking reduced their risk of dying from breast cancer by 24%. If they stepped it up a notch and ran for 2/3 of a mile each day they reduced their risk by 40%…and the superstars who ran 2.3 miles per day dropped their risk of recurrence by a whopping 95%!

- See more at: http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2014/01/exercise-duration-intensity-matters/#sthash.SFt1JSxp.dpufExercise Duration & Intensity Matter:

A new study indicates that if you want to see even better results longer duration and higher intensity exercise matters. Breast cancer survivors who did about 1 mile per day of brisk-paced walking reduced their risk of dying from breast cancer by 24%. If they stepped it up a notch and ran for 2/3 of a mile each day they reduced their risk by 40%…and the superstars who ran 2.3 miles per day dropped their risk of recurrence by a whopping 95%!
- See more at: http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2014/01/exercise-duration-intensity-matters/#sthash.SFt1JSxp.dpuf

Exercise Duration & Intensity Matter:

A new study indicates that if you want to see even better results longer duration and higher intensity exercise matters. Breast cancer survivors who did about 1 mile per day of brisk-paced walking reduced their risk of dying from breast cancer by 24%. If they stepped it up a notch and ran for 2/3 of a mile each day they reduced their risk by 40%…and the superstars who ran 2.3 miles per day dropped their risk of recurrence by a whopping 95%!
- See more at: http://www.integrativeoncology-essentials.com/2014/01/exercise-duration-intensity-matters/#sthash.SFt1JSxp.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment